Monday, May 4, 2009

It feels like warm apple pie...

Pie.

That’s all I could think about while I was at the gym, while I was driving home from the gym, while I was showering the stink off, while I was drinking my dinner, up until I fell asleep – all I wanted was pie.

A simple fruit pie with a crumbly, buttery crust. Nice and warm. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A la mode as the French call it. What does a la Mode mean? I means, to me, with a scoop of ice cream. Please. (At least that’s what I say it means, I’m sure the actual translation is something completely different..)

There is just something about the combination of butter and flour and fruit and sugar that makes my mouth water. Or maybe I’m pregnant. Who knows.

My favorite pie? Old fashioned Apple Pie. Please. Thank you.

The best apple pie that I’ve ever made was a caramel apple pie topped with a slice of smoked sharp cheddar. The saltiness of the cheese combined with the super sweet caramel apple filling was heaven. And the smokiness of the cheese added that extra layer of flavor, even if it was very subtle. YUM!

I’m going to have to make those again sometime.

Anywho, I’ll leave you with a little something that’s going to make you want pie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment