Monday, April 20, 2009

Finger Licking Good!


Picture found on web...not mine.


Barbequing. The perennial man-skill. It is according to the highly accurate and widely accepted mathematical proof shown below, if you are male, you know how to handle the all powerful grill.

The Highly Accurate Proof
1. If Man = 1
2. If Grill Master= 1
3. And 1=1
4. Thus, Man=Grill Master



+



=




If you try to debunk this, the universe will implode. So don’t try it. Accept it. Just like you accept that you need air to live.

Continuing on, while this is a universal truth, I have found subjects that are statistical anomalies to this.

Just this past weekend, as I slaved away over a mess of hot charcoal, keeping a careful eye on the color and done-ness of various meats. I had the pleasure of meeting a few gents that were in awe over the fact that I was using a grill so big (it was pretty big I must admit, but I did have to help serve a lot of people) and with the fact that I knew how to grill. And not just getting the charcoal ready, and just throwing the meat until it’s black on one side and then flipping it to repeat the process on the otherside. I’m talking - rotation of meats by degree of doneness, selection of initial placement and type of meat, and knowing when to remove said meat.

The guys had no clue, and I was in shock.

And since, I don’t want to continue on about my utter confusion at their lack of general bbq-rules. I’ll end it with a couple things. One, I gave then some sausage. And Two, they asked me how much I bench.


How does the latter matter in any of this?

It doesn’t.

I just like to gloat whenever someone asks me that stupid question.

(Oh, btw, "it doesn’t matter what" I bench is my standard answer)

No comments:

Post a Comment