Monday, April 20, 2009

Ice cold .... soup?

What foods come to mind on a hot balmy night?

Something cold, something sweet, possibly made of milk or the juice of fruits. Not for this guy. This guy thinks of...(insert drum roll please)...





Naeng Myun!

Or Cold Buckwheat Noodle soup as it has been so eloquently translated.


This concoction is vegetable broth based soup, served cold, with buckwheat noodles, some cucumbers, a few slices of brisket, a hardboiled egg, and kimchee. It’s typically a dish served in the hot and humid summer months. But with the sudden onset of heat, I got this in early spring.

Now I’ll be honest here, I wasn’t thinking of food prior to writing this, oh no. I was more concerned with the horrible sunburn I obtained over the weekend. Slaving over a hot hot grill + sunshine for more than a couple hours – sunblock = a very red David.

Joy.

But this delicious noodle soup that I’m currently eating while typing away is amazing.

Almost wish it came in paste form so I could rub in on my sunburn.

It’s that good.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment