Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SAMMICH!!!!!!

So what makes a great sammich? (Author’s note: Sammich is the modern vernacular for the popular food item composed of various meats, cheeses, vegetables, jams, jellies, pastes, or any other edible food item “sandwhiched” between two slices –or more- of bread. )

I’ve had sammiches over the past few days. And to be honest, Some were good. Some were bad. Some were quite amazing.

But if I had to go and make a sammich that would be known all over the world as a great sammich, I can’t say that I’d be able to do it. Not to say that I’m not up to the challenge. It’s just that I’ve had the same sammich from different places. And they never taste the same.

EVER.

So what makes a great sammich? The ingredients? The combination of flavors? The multitude of textures? The sides? The fact that you WANT a sammich?

I think this is a question for the ages. And yet, it hasn’t been discussed at any of the college campuses.

I have a couple courses in mind already:
  • Sammich 101 – the history of the sammich
  • Sammich 103 – the socioeconomic implications of the sammich
  • Sammich 105 – the sammich in pop culture
I mean come on…they have classes on Tupac, techno music, and World of Warcraft.
Why not the sammich?

(PS. My favorite sammich? Grilled Cheese.)

No comments:

Post a Comment